It can be a struggle keeping children entertained at the best of times let alone on a plane! There are the obvious gadgets, like I-pads but books are always great and easy to pack. How about a book that includes skiing, snow or the mountain environment. Get them ready and excited for where they are about to be. They could also draw a picture of what they think the ski resort will look like and even draw their nanny. This may help them when they eventually meet their special nanny for the week. Our nannies found that sticker books were extremely popular with all children too. These may be useful on the plane!
Once in the resort it is up to us to keep the children occupied while you enjoy the beautiful slopes. A lot of our nannies are looking forward to trying snow painting. It involves filling up bottles with water and food colouring and then spreading it all over the snow. They can create pretty pictures whilst also being outside in the great alpine atmosphere. There are so many lovely things to do in the mountains as well as the expected activities. If you are going to a resort where there is a swimming pool we advise parents to bring several swim nappies and arm bands, however some pools provide them.
Tips for skiing holidays with children:
· Always have water & snacks to hand. Sunscreen for your child's skin type is a must.
· Good fitting gloves, goggles & sunglasses. If you get the children to try these things on before they go away that can be extremely useful too.
· Gloves that can be attached together or mittens. And WATERPROOF. There is nothing worse than cold hands.
· Clothing layers, it goes from hot to cold and vice versa very quickly.
· The one thing to pack extra would be nappies & baby wipes – they can be very expensive in resort. However we can go shopping for you before you arrive.
· Transfers can be long & windy – medication for travel sick children.
· Entertainment for the journeys!
For more information please contact us on 0044 7860925055